This year has been interesting to say the least. You want to gather… but 6 feet apart. Wear a mask around your loved ones, or don’t?
So much to worry about.
You want to stay healthy but still see your loved ones.
I got you covered!
Below you will find recipes for alcoholic drinks AND a dessert containing Elderberry syrup.
Healthy and fun? Sign me up!
Elder Bourbon Apple Cider
1 1/2 oz bourbon
1 1/2 oz fresh apple cider
3/4 oz Elderflower liqueur
1 1/2 oz Elderberry Syrup Lady Elderberry Syrup
1/2 oz fresh lime juice
Toss all of the ingredients in a shaker, shake well, and pour over ice. We highly recommend enjoying this Elder Bourbon Apple Cider with a honey rim, for a little extra sweetness with every sip. Also, if you’re feeling extra fancy, add a stick of cinnamon and a sprig of rosemary to really add to the holiday ambiance that this drink creates!
1/3 of glass Champagne or White Wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc)
1oz Elderberry Syrup Lady Elderberry Syrup
Finish with Elderflower Seltzer
This recipe is a perfect for any occasion really. Its simple, light, and DELICIOUS. Low calorie and adds a little splash of wellness to your holiday festivities!
(And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can swap the champagne/wine out for a shot of your favorite vodka or gin instead!)
Elderberry Swirl Cheesecake
Prep: 25 Mins
Total: 10 hours
1 cup finely ground graham crackers (8 sheets)
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter (melted)
1 1/2 cup of sugar + 2 tablespoons
4-8 tablespoons of elderberry syrup
32 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 tablespoons of Honey
1 9-inch spring form pan
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place 8 graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush well.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons of sugar and the 2 tablespoons of butter (melted) in a bowl. Press crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of your springform pan. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of elderberry syrup with 4 tablespoons of honey in a small bowl. Set aside. This will create a subtle elderberry syrup flavor.
~If you’d like your cheesecake to have a full body elderberry flavor, add an additional 4-8 tablespoons of syrup in with the filling~
- Add the 32oz of cream cheese into an electric mixing bowl. I prefer using the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer down to a low setting and add 1 1/2 cups of sugar in slowly. Add 1 pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix ingredients until well combined.
- Add 4 large eggs, one at a time, mixing each until just combined (do not overmix).
- Pour completed cream cheese filling from your mixing bowl over the graham cracker crust.
- Place elderberry syrup/honey mixture over the cheesecake by the spoonful. With a butter knife or toothpick swirl the syrup into the cheesecake.
- Place springform pan in the center of the oven. Cook for about an hour. Cheesecake is done when the cake /edges are set but the center still jiggles.
- Turn oven OFF. Leave cheesecake in oven for approximately 30 minutes (to avoid cracking).
- Place in fridge once cooled. Store in fridge for 6 hours. Run a knife around the inside of the pan/outer edge of the cheesecake before serving.
Happy Holidays from our Elderberry family to yours!
By: Brooke, The Elderberry Syrup Lady